My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Thursday, May 25, 2006

Start the day

DH forgot to take out the trash again this morning. He usually takes all the trash down for pickup on Tuesdays, but he forgot to do that on Tuesday, too. So, here we are with another day to look at the growing mound of garbage in the can and I have no desire to take care of it myself. First of all, it's too heavy and I'm not even 3 weeks pp. My bleeding is finally starting to wane and I don't want to do anything to compromise that.

Today will be my first adventure taking all three boys with me on an outing. We're going to the baby's checkup. I'm seriously considering calling my mother to see if she can come with me to help. I'm afraid that while I'm getting the baby out of the van, my 3-year-old will take off and run out into traffic or something. Not that he's ever done it, but I don't have an extra hand when I'm trying to carry the baby, diaper bag, etc. So I'm waiting until a decent hour to call her. Like after nine. Most of the normal world is up by then, right? I hate waking people up.

Before we go to the doctor, I'm swinging by a fellow freecycler's house to pick up a few diaper covers she's giving me. I posted yesterday about needing a couple more newborn covers and she's the only person who replied to actually offer me anything. I need to remember to write a thank you card to stick on her door in case she's not there when I come by.

Speaking of covers, I really need to order some black Aplix so I can finally put fasteners on my cute green wool cover. Then I can make some more out of the $2 blanket I found at the flea market. I'm thinking I could probably make more than enough for me and then sell the rest on ebay. I'd also like to make a purse out of the wool. If I use the same color scheme as my covers, it would be the cutest purse in the world, I think. And I'll try to make some sort of cute flower or star to decorate it.

It's not too bad of a start to the day. I've already rewashed the towels I left in the washer overnight and started a cold wash for the diapers. DS has been quite the super soaker these days, even with a doubler. I make stick one of the last few disposables on him for our car ride. Maybe not. I'll decide before we go. I also think I need to get a different pail liner. I got a nylon laundry bag to use but it's not waterproof. I'm afraid that if I keep using it, as the baby gets bigger and wets more, it will end up dripping if I try to carry it across the house to dump in the washer. Of course, a logical solution would be to just carry the whole pail, but then there's the possibility of a big puddle at the bottom of the pail that I'd have to clean. If I come across an extra $15, I'll probably order the pail liner I saw at www.thefuzzibunzstore.com. I think it's a logical investment.

Oh! Along the lines of investments, I finally get to order my consultant kit from NFB today! I need to check and see how long it will take to ship. I can't wait to finally get my Moby wrap and start baby-wearing. When the older boys were babes, I had one of those stupid, uncomfortable snuglis (it was a gift), and I hated it! It was ugly and hard to adjust. Now I'll finally be able to wear the wee one and look cute doing it!

In cooking news, my meatloaf was ok last night. When we bought the ground beef, I didn't notice it wasn't lean, so I ended up with a big puddle of grease at the bottom of the baking dish, not to mention a deformed, ugly loaf. Despite its looks, it did taste good. Even ds2 ate some and he's been known to reject some forms of meat. The strangest thing about him, though is that he'll eat any vegetable except potatoes in any form (French fries excluded, of course).

I'm planning on cooking some banana bread whenever the two bananas on the counter get ripe enough. This means I'll have to buy some yogurt and coconut from the store, or make dh pick some up. Not tonight, though. A girl from church is bringing us dinner tonight. Maybe we could go after we eat. We'll see. I may not be up for another outing today.

So now I'm going to call my mother and see what else there is to do around here before we go. Here's hoping I'm not completely alone on my adventure...

0 comments:

Post a Comment