Went to the LLL meeting this morning & saw a girl who was in Bradley with us a long time ago. The last time I saw her, dh & I were separated. She asked if I'd gotten remarried, but I was happy to explain that we got back together & everything was wonderful. Something must be in the atmosphere...
Playgroup is here on Thursday and my head is swimming with all the things I need to do to get ready. For one thing, I need to re-toddler proof the living room. All around the edges of the room are piles of things just waiting for little hands to get into. Then I need to think of things that the kids can do if it rains and they can't play outside. I'm so nervous! I love it when people come over, but it makes me so anxious.
The organizer for the Cardiff Singer of the World competition contacted me about auditions in New York, October 17-18. The actual competition would be next summer from June 9th through the 17th in the UK. I'm going round & round about this because I doubt we would be able to afford it. The competition itself would be paid for, should I make it. But the auditions are not covered. Even if I could afford it, I'd need to get my passport by the application deadline (September 30). And what would I sing? GAH! Maybe I should wait until next time. Would I really be able to travel to New York for one day in a few months? What about the baby? Could I take him with me? This could be big for me but I don't think I can do it alone. Financially, I mean. Blech.
I'm rambling, I know.
So many things on my mind these days...






















0 comments:
Post a Comment