I woke up with a killer knot under my right shoulder blade. What gives? It was starting to feel tight last night, but now I can't even turn my head to the right without it screaming at me. That's what I get for doing yoga once in the past four weeks, I guess.
After yesterday's tirade I'm not sure what to write about.
Last night, we went to my sister's house to celebrate her older twins' birthday. When we arrived, I popped Simon into the homemade wrap & came in wearing him. Immediately, my sister's MIL offered to hold him, but I was like, no, he's fine and demonstrated that I could be hands-free. I hope she wasn't offended; it's not the first time I've turned her down. Simon was really happy the whole time we were there, and he even engaged in a hilarious "conversation" with my mom. He got a little upset right before we left, but I swore he was just tired. Turns out that wasn't the case & we had to stop in the Dairy Queen parking lot so I could nurse him a little more.
Corey's going to his first sleepover at someone else's house tonight. We promised Aiden to take him to McDonald's to play since he was upset that he couldn't go. After we eat dinner at home (I need to cook the eggplant before it goes bad), we'll get some milkshakes or something while Aiden plays in the playplace. Jamie was glad that I didn't actually want to eat dinner there. It wasn't even an option in my book.
When I went to the mall on Sunday to get my hair cut, a gypsy lady at a vendor cart accosted me with a nail buffer and tried to get me to buy it, along with some cuticle oil & hand lotion--a $70 value, today at half-price!!! she exclaimed. She took the price down about four times and I kept telling her that I'd tell my husband. Anyway, on the way home last night, we stopped by the drugstore because I needed to get a polymailer. I decided to look in the nail section for a buffer like the one she had. Obviously, I found one...for $2.99. I mean, I can easily use that, pour some olive oil on my cuticles & then use the Mary Kay hand cream I already have and come out with the exact same results the lady wanted me to spend a fortune on.
So. I win!






















0 comments:
Post a Comment