I'm not sure why I haven't been blogging. Perhaps I'm overwhelmed with all the things I've put on my to-do list and blogging is the ultimate form of procrastination. You'd think that I'd feel more guilty about spending my time on all my forums, but those take up tiny bits of time over an extended period while blogging requires my full attention. I really shouldn't be rationalizing this, but whatever.
Saturday I went yard saling with my sister & Grandmother. We drove all over creation and managed to score some goodies. I found a couple things for my nephews & a gift for my niece, plus a few things for me.
One of our stops was at an estate sale. I've never been to one before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. We pulled up and there was a table set up in the garage where a lady was taking money. From there, everyone simply went in and walked through the house. Every piece of furniture, dish, article of clothing, down to the paintings and portraits on the wall was on sale. There wasn't anything to be had for the kids, but I did find a box of circular knitting needles and other random sewing things all for $3. Like I need more craft supplies, I know, but I am going to try knitting again one day, I swear. Or at least, that's what I swore when I picked up the antique shoebox.
What I didn't get was how many people were trying to sell old toys from fast food restaurants. I usually just bag up ours and donate them to Goodwill or The Salvation Army.
My birthday was yesterday and it was a nice, mild one. I went to church, the choir sang happy birthday, there was chocolate in my choir box, and then I went home. Jamie made turkey burgers for lunch and he baked a cake with the boys. We ate & then I opened my presents. Corey got me a cute little bracelet & Aiden got me a squirrel tea light holder. No real significance to the squirrel, but that's what he picked when they were shopping in Target, so I love it. Jamie got me a really nice sealing stamp with my initials & some sealing wax. I'm looking forward to writing some letters & sealing them with it. It's so cool.
After all of that, I took a nap. When I woke up, Jamie told me that Aiden had dumped a bunch of fish food in the tank, so I had to do a drastic water change. I'm keeping an eye on the fish, so hopefully we won't have a tragedy on our hands. I did have a dream that all the fish got sick, and there was a baby shrimp living in the tank.
We left the kids with Jamie's mom and went to Rhinehart's for dinner. I pigged out on crab legs and Jamie enjoyed some buffalo shrimp. Though not the classiest of eating establishments, it has incredible seafood. And you can write on the tables, walls, and chairs! Of course, I forgot to bring a sharpie, so we didn't get to leave a mark this time.
Today's plans include a trip to the fabric store and the post office. That and continuously telling Aiden "no" when he asks me for the purple bowl (the candy bowl).






















0 comments:
Post a Comment