My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Monday, April 02, 2007

Well, it's the first day of Spring Break here in Georgia, a special time of the year when I'm thankful for living 20 minutes OUTSIDE Augusta. A time of the year when Washington Rd. is bumper-to-bumper with out-of-towners, vendors set up alongside selling sunglasses, mugs, and t-shirts; hopefuls set up camp with their lawn chairs and "BADGES WANTED" signs. The dogwoods are in bloom and people complain less about the thick layer of pine pollen on their BMW's. You can't get a reservation at any restaurant in town, and if you need to go somewhere, you take every back road you know to avoid the congestion around the National.

We're celebrating Spring Break this year by staying home as much as possible. Jamie and I will be taking a day trip to the Atlanta aquarium for our anniversary, but that's all the excitement in store for us.

Saturday, Corey happened upon the first two Harry Potter books at the Goodwill and he's almost halfway through with the first one. I came into the living room this morning to find him curled up on the futon with his book. When he woke up, the first thing he said to me was,

"The batteries died in the flashlight, but I'm on page 106!" He's excited because he can read all day today; he even forgot to put his pants on.

Aiden is less excited about Corey's reading because it means Corey isn't playing with him. To compensate, he is found randomly tackling Corey or playing by himself with his action figures. Aiden's one of those kids who actually makes up conversations with his toys and it's very amusing since he uses different voices for the different toys.

My plans for Spring Break involve a little bit of housecleaning. Jamie wants to do the 500 Things project again, and it started last night with getting rid of the old blue filing cabinet that's been serving as a dumping zone in the kitchen. In its place, I want a small bookcase for the cookbooks or a plant stand. Is there really anything else in this house that we could get rid of? I don't know. But we'll see. I'll clean out odd dishes or something. Maybe I'll get rid of some more junky toys.

My goal for this week is to have the bathrooms clean. I'm enlisting Corey's help with his bathroom since I'm not the one who got toothpaste all over the counter, floor, door handle, etc.

I guess it's time to get dressed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment