
My first and most obvious mistake is not repeating the pattern enough on the second sock. I swear I repeated enough before dividing for the heel. I swear it! But I swore it as I was working on them at church in my downtime. Everyone knows you are not supposed to swear in church so I guess God punished me with Socks of FAIL.
My second mistake is using this stitch pattern. I though since I was using Alpaca and it is known for it's lack of bounce, the cables would keep the socks nice and taught. Unfortunately, they are TOO taught and nearly impossible to get on my feet. Then, once they are on my feet and my poor toes are roasting, the cable pattern digs into my skin.
Conclusion: maybe if I bump these up a couple needle sizes, they would be easier to get on my feet. But I'm afraid they'll sag and just look ugly. Part of me wants to keep them, but my dh was telling me last night that he knows I'll never wear them. And now that I think about it, if I have to spend several minutes just trying to get them ON, I really don't think they'll be worth putting in my sock drawer.
If anything, these babies are going down in the Knitter's Hall of FAIL.
To the frog pond they go!























1 comments:
I can almost hear you screaming... It was a funny blogpost, thanks for helping me avoid schoolwork ;) Haha...
Post a Comment