My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Monday, July 28, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees

The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd

Eva asked, "Did you enjoy The Secret Life of Bees? I really loved it last year, but it seems like one of those love or hate kind of books. :)"

The first book I read by Kidd was The Mermaid Chair, which ended up being a big mistake.  Obviously, I had my reservations when I decided to read this one, but a lot of people claimed to really enjoy it.

I had many late nights reading because I couldn't put this book down!  The storyline was captivating, the characters were interesting, and I was actually sad when it was over.  When my choir director saw me reading it during Corey's choir camp lake party, she said, "I wish I was reading it for the first time!"  Then another lady saw I was reading it and she told me about Kidd's memoir, which she said she'll let me borrow soon.

I love a satisfying read and this was definitely one of those.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I've heard The Mermaid Chair isn't as good, so I think I'm just going to ignore it! :) I'm curious about her memoir, so if you get a chance to read it do blog about it.

Post a Comment