My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Friday, August 22, 2008

Pooling fixed


This is the most hideous case of pooling I've ever had to deal with.  The yarn is beautiful, but because I'm knitting a smaller-sized pair of longies, the color repeats weren't cooperating.  My solution (like most people's) was to divide the skein into two balls and work alternating rows.  It took several attempts to line up the repeats like I wanted them, but the result is amazingly better:


I'm almost done with these now and have one more pair to go on more yarn from the same place.  Will I have to knit the second pair the same way?  We'll have to see...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...things I never knew about knitting. Thanks!

Do you have an Etsy shop?

Lizzie said...

No, I have a hyenacart. The link is in my sidebar. :)

Dewey said...

I do like your "fixed" version better, but I think the pooling version looks good, too. Could you explain what make the pooling undesirable?

Lizzie said...

The bands of color are just too wide for my taste, and you can see weird lines where I added the short rows. If I had kept on with the one skein, the legs would have hand almost vertical stripes of color. It would've been so strange-looking.

Lizzie said...

uh. not "hand" but "had." you know what i mean.

Post a Comment