My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-a-Thon: Hour 1

A late start as usual!  I've been awake since 8, but had to feed the kitten and then laze around in bed with my husband.  He usually doesn't have Saturdays off, so who wouldn't take advantage of this rare treat?

I'll answer the introduction meme and then I need some breakfast!

Where are you reading from today? I'm reading from my comfy country home in Harlem, GA.  It's raining here today, so it's the perfect day for reading!

3 facts about me:
  • I have three young boys at home who will most likely interrupt me at odd times during the day.
  • Last weekend I brought home a 3-week-old abandoned kitten.
  • I have red hair and blue eyes.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? About 6, though I doubt I'll make it through half of them!

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? My goal is to finish the book I'm reading and at least one other book.  I only read one book (for myself) during the last read-a-thon.


If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? Stay well fed and hydrated!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Wow, doing a read-a-thon with 3 young kids and a tiny kitten--I'm impressed! Good luck!

Dewey said...

Hydrated is important, yes! Fortunately my husband is constantly saying SPOT OF TEA, GROMIT? and setting mugs in front of me.

Post a Comment