My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Green Goals


Please don't roll your eyes.  I'm writing yet ANOTHER post about my goals for 2009.  This time, though, THIS time I'm writing about how I plan to improve my green living.  Here are things we have already done over the past couple years:
  • Eliminated the use of paper towels and napkins
  • Use cloth diapers
  • Employed the use of a clothesline (though it had to be taken down for the garden last summer)
  • Switched to an eco-friendly dish soap and other household cleaning supplies
  • Started wearing burlap sacks and cardboard shoes...HAHA.  Just kidding.
  • Use canvas shopping bags
And here are things we'd like to do in 2009:
  • Have a homebirth! (does that count?)
  • Put the clothesline back up
  • Plant, harvest, and can some vegetables
  • Jamie wants to get chickens and goats.  We'll see how that goes.
  • Continue to use more eco-friendly cleaning products
  • Find a reasonably priced potted Christmas tree
I may add more to this list as I think of things, but for now I don't want to put any more pressure on myself than I already have with all these goals and challenges.  See?  Told you I need an intervention.

What are your Green Goals for 2009?  Head on over to Crunch Domestic Goddess and let her know!

4 comments:

nlparada said...

we are also doing more green stuff Dan rides his bike to work or walks to and from and I only drive when I have to, we walk to places a lot.

Nikki

Cher said...

Great Goals! Homebirth...wow more power to ya!

Emily said...

the no paper products thing is tough! I was doing good for a while but have totally fallen off the wagon. I can't even handle cloth dipes anymore. The toddler poop is just nasty. Bleh. I blame it on being preg! :) I'm sure in a few weeks, I'll try and de-stink my BGs and maybe get back in the game. We'll see.....

Love your goals! That's a good way to start the new year! I think another good goal is just to stay on track w/ what you're already doing. :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the homebirth! It's my personal preferred method of birthing ;)

The only Green Goals I have left is to buy land, build a house from natural & recycled materials and be completely off-grid. I've had everything else down-pat since I became a Mama at 17 & lived on my own. The Green Way is also the frugal way LOL

Post a Comment