My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Friday, July 14, 2006

On a whim, we've decided to make a weekend trip down to Savannah to visit my dad. We originally wanted to go to the zoo today, but dh suggested Savannah since he has the whole weekend off. When I called dad last night, he sounded like he had just won the lottery--I guess my calling alone surprised him that much.

So anyway. It's our first overnight doing "the cloth diaper thing," as some of my family members have called it. In addition to the regular diaper bag, I'm packing a duffel with a stack of prefolds & every diaper cover we're using. I'm washing all the diapers that were in the pail since the fuzzi bunz were in there and I can't imagine the baby sitting in the van for three hours without one. I also had dh pick up a box of 2 gallon slider bags to put the dipes in. Let's hope they can contain the smell because I don't really want to impose a load of poopy diapers on my dad's wife's washing machine.

I'm still wondering if I'm going to be comfortable taking the baby down to the shore. If it's too hot, I'll stay behind. It really won't disappoint me to miss the beach this summer. Besides, I never get in the Georgia ocean, it's so gross. I'll just ask that pictures be taken of everything if I don't go: a concept that is not new to my dad's wife.

Well, time to dry the diapers, finish my lukewarm coffee & finish packing.

WISH ME LUCK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment