My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Wednesday, November 29, 2006

So many things are changing around here that I don't even want to look out the window into my own front yard.

Because Jamie's brother & his wife are going to put a house in the field next to ours, they had to re-survey the land. Upon re-surveying, the county decided that they need to widen the pond & build an easement going to our house & theirs. I was worried at first because they mentioned draining the pond. Immediately, I thought, "Oh no! The turtles!" Since they started construction yesterday, I wouldn't have been able to go down there and rescue them while they did work. When I got home, though, it turned out they didn't have to drain the pond completely. Whew! Once they are done digging around the pond and stuff, I'll go down there to check on them.

With the widening of the pond comes another responsibility. Jamie will need to restock the pond. We didn't have that many fish in there that were worth catching, with the exception of the one gigantic catfish that taunted and teased him every time he went fishing. So when the county is done playing with their huge construction equipment in my yard, we'll make a trip to the fish farm.

As far as the paving of the road, it's not done yet. I don't know how long this process usually takes, though.

On to a different topic, I actually cleaned some windows in the house over the weekend. I hate washing windows, so this was a big step for me. I'll be honest here and say that I haven't cleaned the windows since we moved in, which was before Corey was born. YEAH. I started cleaning them with some auto-glass cleaner since I figured that the glass was probably super-gross. I was right about the gross part, but the auto-glass cleaner did nothing to help the situation. When I switched to a vinegar & water solution, cleaning was a breeze.

MORAL: Use vinegar to clean the windows because it works better than anything else! Also, use newspapers instead of paper towels.

In diaper news, I'm definitely feeling the wool love these days. I'm enjoying the Thirsties fitteds, too, but I think I should've bought the large size. He's barely squeezing into the mediums, which I thought would fit because he falls into the medium weight range. What I didn't know was what the rise was on the Thirsties. Simon needs at least a 16" rise, and the medium Thirsties are barely that. So I guess I'm in the market for large fitteds instead of medium. My, how Simon has grown!

I have no idea what my plans are today other than going to church. I desperately need to go to the post office, but it may have to wait until tomorrow afternoon when I make my way to the bank.

So much running around this week!

OH MY. My song premiere is next week! Yippee! I should try on my green diva dress to make sure it fits...

0 comments:

Post a Comment