My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Saturday, June 23, 2007


Ah, the weekend. Summertime doesn't make too much of a difference in the feel of Saturdays around here, the biggest one being that Jamie gets off work earlier than during the week. I don't have to spend as much time cleaning today since the house is still relatively clean from the Get Together last night. My main tasks today will involve the washing of diapers and doing yesterday's dishes.

For dinner last night, Jamie made Shrimp Newberg and it was absolutely delicious! The recipe was found on the package of fresh shrimp he bought at Publix. I've never had Shrimp Newberg before, so I was nervous. It's my favorite shrimp dish now!

I had to order a 12" circular to finish a pair of shorties for a friend. Normally I use DPN's for the legs, but the wool I'm using doesn't have as much "give" which is causing some serious laddering between the needles no matter how tight I pull the first stitch.

While waiting for the needle to arrive, I knit a newborn pair and a small pair with what's left of my purewool so I can justify getting some BFL for the July stocking. With these last two pairs of shorties, I tweaked the pattern to my liking and I like the crotch gusset a whole lot better than the LTK. It's more gently sloped but still just as roomy. I've also perfected my i-cord cuff so that the beginning & end are grafted seamlessly.

In non-knitting news, Simon's fascination with the toilet reached a whole new level yesterday when he dunked my cell phone in it. It's working much better today than it was yesterday (I had to put everyone on loudspeaker). What did I learn from this experience? Shut the bathroom door. Duh.

2 comments:

Carolyn Plain and Tall said...

Try putting your phone in the fridge if you're still having problems with it. They are made to withdraw moisture from within to prevent yucky growth, and can get that water out of your phone too.

Shalena said...

I love that pink soaker, the drawstring is so unique!

Post a Comment