My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Thursday, June 28, 2007

Today is housecleaning day as I prepare for tomorrow's Craft Day. I still can't decide whether or not I want to bring the kitchen table into the living room like I did for last week's event. If I keep it in the kitchen, I'll have to clean off the side bar for all my junk. Either way, I still have to scour the kitchen. Decisions, decisions!

The church choir is singing at the White Oak Camp Meeting tonight. It'll be the first time I don't have to drive more than 20 miles to an event and everyone else in the choir will have to drive at least 45 minutes get there. The campgrounds are only 10 minutes from my house, which makes my time constraints a little less stressful.

It has been so hot here the past couple weeks that I haven't even wanted to open the front door. It's also too hot to send the kids outside so we're all going a little stir crazy. Swimming is an option, yes, but not on my own. Corey and Aiden could swim all day while Simon only tolerates being in the pool for a little bit. We get our swimming done in the evenings after Jamie gets home from work so one of us can chase Simon around while the other stays in the pool. If Simon had his way, he'd be swimming around with us; he doesn't want to be held in the pool and would be perfectly happy if we just let him go.

Corey has been having a grand old time with his dress-up box. This week, he's playing a "worker" by putting on a vest and his Jeff Gordon hat. I may have already mentioned that in an earlier post, but I mention it again because he still insists on dressing up no matter where we're going.

Aiden is pretty much crazy as a four-year-old can be. His ABC song is getting clearer and counting is getting better. I still need to remember to call the speech center and schedule an evaluation. He had therapy as a baby/toddler, but I'm noticing a lot of distortion and Jamie's mom says she can't understand half of what he's saying. Scheduling appointments falls into the category of Things I Like Least, but it's for his own good, right? I need to coordinate a babysitter for the thing.

Simon is busy these days with teething and making everything go "Beep! Beep!" His favorite Beep! Beep! is an old calculator. Other interests include chasing Corey and Aiden around the house and pretending to vacuum with a noisy contraption he got for his birthday (not from us). He also enjoys hiding surprises in his diaper, the latest being one of my stitch markers.

I guess I should get to it now. Diapers are in the washer, so it's time to consult my list. I made a list! Ok, two lists: one for tomorrow and one for tonight. I can't wait to cross off my first thing...

0 comments:

Post a Comment