My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Missing Koko

Jamie brought Koko home to live with us when Corey was tiny.  This was back when he worked at Hell on Earth Animal Control.  She was picked up in a neighborhood where she was found frolicking with the children on the streets.  No collar, no missing posters, no one claimed her!  The Akita rescue was full and Jamie knew that I loved Akitas (though I'd never had one myself).

She sure was a sweet girl, despite her shenanigans.  I say "shenanigans" but the truth was she was a renowned cat killer and our neighbor with the 12+ barn cats absolutely hated her.  Koko couldn't help it, though.  Instincts, you know?  Our attempts to keep her in the yard were futile, even with an electric underground fence with a shock collar.  Once the power went out, she was gone!  It's actually no wonder she was found without a collar: she was good at slipping out of it if we had her on a leash (hence the harness that she wore 24/7).  Still, she was so good with the kids and we loved her so much.

Koko died peacefully while I was in North Carolina last weekend.  It was sucky news to come home to, but I'm glad that she wasn't ill or suffering.  We'll miss you Koko!

1 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so sorry........ Koko was such a sweet dog.... ((hugs)) Emily

Post a Comment