My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.suzyqhomemaker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Read & Share!

Be sure to visit my newest blog:
Suzy Q Crops

 Subscribe in a reader

The Land of Nod

Currently Reading

Labels


Saturday, January 03, 2009

You're due WHEN??

If one more person does a double take when I tell them how far along I am, I may scream.  Naturally, I am a petite person.  I am 5'3 3/4 " on my tallest days, and there's only so much room on my frame for a fetus.  At the gas station recently, when I was stopping by for a granola bar and a bottle of Evian, the women at the register just couldn't believe how big I was.  One of them was like, "I saw a woman your size at the hospital the other night and she was HAVING her baby!"

Trust me:  I can get even bigger than this and I have stretch marks on top of stretch marks to prove it.  I will grow until it is nearly impossible for me to bend over or get up off the couch without grunting and groaning like a moose.  Not that I know how moose sound when they are doing anything, I just want to avoid any references to those spotted mammals that go "moo".

There will come a point in this pregnancy when I won't be able to put socks on by myself or tie athletic shoes or clip my own toenails.  I will wear sundresses without shaving.  I will waddle around and people will gasp when I say I have a few more weeks to gestate.  It's frightening how enormous my body can get.

So look out.  If you see a redheaded pregnant woman dragging three boys around the store any time soon, just say, "Congratulations!" and move on.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know all about this one. I'm less than 5 feet tall.We short pregnant chicks are an aberration apparently
When people find out I have twins, they give me a good once over and ask, "Where did you fit them??"

Cher said...

I was in the same boat! I am only 5'3 too and I luckily didn't get as big with my 2nd child as I did with my first. But I got sick of the belly rubbing by strangers and the comments about how big I was as if I didn't know!

Cher said...

I also found you through Mom Bloggers Club Technorati Group and I just faved you!

Eva said...

lol! I've never been pregnant, but when my sister was pregnant a couple years ago, I was shocked by how perfect strangers would act. Asking when she was due, commenting on what she looked like, even touching her stomach. I mean, being pregnant doesn't make you public property! I'm sure if I'm ever pregnant, I'm going to be mean, lol. ;)

Post a Comment